We are delighted that the Bromsgrove Youth & Community Hub, a multi agency response to the needs of young people in Bromsgrove, will be housed in our Basement.
The building work on the project has now been completed and the formal launch will be held on July 18.
The Hub will give the young people of Bromsgrove a base were they can speak to professionals on a range of topics including relationship advice, mental health support, self-esteem and sexual health. It will also provide parenting sessions.
They will be able to access mentoring and counselling and have a space where they can go with their friends or if they need support.
The hub will also benefit the wider Bromsgrove community by , tackling concerns of anti-social behaviour and a place where they can meet professionals and gain support themselves.
The youth and community hub now has a project manager in post. Sarah Mulhall, has extensive experience of working with young people and communities, said: “We are all so excited to be a part of this new project, this is a great opportunity for the young people of Bromsgrove, so please come in to The Hub and find out more.” Rev Paul Lewis added: “A place like this for the young people of Bromsgrove is long overdue and it’s great that it is finally happening after so much planning and hard work.”
The formal launch for professionals will be between 2pm and 4pm on July 18 and young people can check out The Hub for the first time from 6pm to 8pm on that day.
From the Bromsgrove Youth Hub we propose to deliver a range of training and activities. These would include:
- Online training English and Maths
- Community based social action projects
- A youth club and youth activities which appeal to young peoples, physical,mental and spiritual needs.
- Information advice and guidance including, a sign posting service that young people can access
- Mental health counselling
- Employability workshops including curriculum vitae writing.
- Support for addictions
- Parenting courses
- Family support
- Volunteering and training opportunities
- Sexual health services
- A welcoming environment
- Life skills such as cooking and budgeting
- Healthy relationship advice.
- Faith based literacy activities for young people
A copy of the business plan for the Hub can be seen here