We are delighted that the Bromsgrove Youth & Community Hub, a multi agency response to the needs of young people in Bromsgrove, will be housed in our Basement. Work has started on the refurbishment of the Basement and we hope that it will be complete in April 2018.
From the Bromsgrove Youth Hub we propose to deliver a range of training and activities. These would include:
- Online training English and Maths
- Community based social action projects
- A youth club and youth activities which appeal to young peoples, physical,mental and spiritual needs.
- Information advice and guidance including, a sign posting service that young people can access
- Mental health counselling
- Employability workshops including curriculum vitae writing.
- Support for addictions
- Parenting courses
- Family support
- Volunteering and training opportunities
- Sexual health services
- A welcoming environment
- Life skills such as cooking and budgeting
- Healthy relationship advice.
- Faith based literacy activities for young people
A copy of the business plan for the Hub can be seen here
The YMCA also have the following vacancy available