Associate Minister with responsibility for Children & Youth
Are you dynamic, fun, have a strong faith in Jesus and able to communicate well particularly with children and youth?
Do you want to inspire and support young people in a growing vibrant church?
Are you passionate about being a Christian presence to young people in the community?
Then we would love to hear from you!
We are seeking to appoint an:
Associate Minister with responsibility for Children & Youth,
to help us further develop God’s plan for our Church and town.
Some of our well established activities for Children & Youth are detailed here:
- A parent and toddler group
- A Friday night youth group
- A Sunday evening life group for our young people
- Our young people worshiping together
- Sunday morning groups for 4-18 year olds
- Sunday morning groups for 0-4 year olds
Based in Worcestershire, Bromsgrove is a growing market town. Over the past few years opportunities have continued to grow for our Senior Minister, Paul Lewis to engage in mission and ministry across our wider community. At the same time, we are continuing to see more families join us who have children and young people. We therefore need to strengthen our response to the many and varied opportunities we have for mission and ministry.
- This is a full time post
- Working alongside our Senior Minister and Leadership Team, you will be part of a “Core Ministry Team” through which all responsibilities for church leadership and vision development will be shared.
- Your specific responsibilities will be to focus on up to three of our core leadership teams, with our Children & Youth Team being your main responsibility. Pastoral Care and Prayer are likely to form the bulk of your additional responsibilities.
- Our Senior Minister will concentrate on giving the main leadership oversight to the church in all aspects of vision & strategy. This will include primary oversight for three of our core leadership teams: Teaching & Discipleship, Community & Outreach and Missions.
- Beyond the church, we will look for you to build relationships with local schools, and in particular the two High Schools in Bromsgrove.
- We will offer professional support and opportunities for innovative work
- Salary starts at £22,750 per annum for 2018, dependent upon qualifications and experience plus pension contributions
- We can also provide you with either accommodation, or housing allowance
We are looking to appoint someone who is:
- A person of vision and passion for seeing lives changed by the transforming love of Jesus, especially through care, nurture and discipleship of young people.
- An accredited minister of the Baptist Union, or a Minister of another church tradition who is willing to embrace Baptist Faith & Principles.
- Flexible in their approach to all aspects of church life and the varied needs and demands of ministry.
- A strong team player, willing to take a lead in specific aspects of ministry, and at the same time working cohesively alongside our existing Minister and leadership team.
- Gifted in ways that will strengthen spiritual growth and nurture across our whole church family.
- Passionate about prayer and spirituality, taking a holistic approach to the care of the individual.
- Keen to see people grow in faith and life experience through relevant teaching and discipleship courses that will take us beyond our current focus of a Sunday morning.
- Committed to serving within the church, as well as in the wider community of Bromsgrove.
- Able to identify and encourage the gifts of others, enabling them to serve God in the church and the world. This will include nurturing new leaders to add additional strength to our current team.
We pray that our vision and aspirations for the various aspects of church life, together with the person specification above, will enable you to gain a sense of an exciting, vibrant and growing church.
Join us in our mission to share the transforming love of Jesus Christ in the realities of life!
If this is something that you would like to prayerfully consider further, then please see the attached profile document. We have no specific closing date for applications and will interview dependent upon applications received.
Our Sunday night youth group have made a video about the sort of person that they are looking to find … is this you?